Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pros and Cons Of Flat Ironing My Natural Hair


I love to say my natural hair does not define me and even though being natural can be sweet I simply love the versatility of wearing my hair kinky, curly, or straight. Recently, I decided to flat iron my 20 months old  natural tresses just to see how my hair look. On May 4th I had washed my hair, blow dry, and flat iron my hair and here is my before and after pictures.








Wearing natural hair does not mean you have to wear afros, twists, twist outs,wash -n-go all the time.

Why not flat iron your beautiful natural tresses once in awhile. I did because I wanted to see how long my hair has grew.  The pros of flat ironing my natural hair is to wear a variety of hairstylesm such as, wrap, pin up, pony-tail, and to trim my ends. Most people wear flat iron hairstyles for events, jobs, or daily wear because they don't desire the afrocentric look. 

Unfortunately, residing in Texas my flat iron hair style does not like humidity. Everytime I go outside my hair would frizz up especially the ends (whomp! whomp!) I feel that I have overly flat  iron my hair just because my hair would shrink and frizz back up. I'm afraid I will encounter heat damage even though I do use heat protectant I don't want to constantly put heat on my hair. Fortunately, I decided to use  flexirods and bantu knots and seal my ends with coconut oil to reduce frizzness. Wish me Luck! LOL! Even though my straight style is temporary I love to switch it up because my natural hair does not define.






No comments:

Post a Comment