Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 7, 2011

My Hair Growth Challenge

Have you ever had a *gut* feeling to do something uplifting or drastic for yourself? I felt the need to do the BC (big chop) on September 30, 2009. I was timid to wear my hair out after the BC because I looked like a man without any makeup and earrings on; therefore, I'd waited 5 months to wear my natural hair out in public. My first debut of wearing my natural hair out after 5 months was a mini afropuff. I was thrilled because I had hair on my head to grab and pull. LOL! During that time I was wearing microbraids which grew my hair 1 to 2 inches long. Throughout my 1 year natural hair journey constist of wearing braids and taken Biotin 5000 mcg and applying moisture shampoo and conditioner. I know it may sound like I was on the right track *but* I was not. I had made some errors. For example, not being gentle with my hair, not eating healthy, and not taken multivitam but that was last year! Woo-Hoo! We all deserve a second chance. Right! Right! LOL!

Now this year 2011 it's time to revise my hair growth challenge. Meaning that I need to pamper and nourish my hair, scalp, and body. My resoloution this year is ~Self Determination~  and what that means to me is believing in yourself and find that inner you. A co worker placed these words in a frame that reads, "What would you attempt, if you knew you could not fail?" Therefore, I want to start the Kim Coles' Grow-Out Challenge that starts from February 1, 2011 to July 31, 2011. My hair regime will consist of the following:
The following regimen is:
1. Be extra gentle with hair
2. Drink lots of water
3. Gym (cardio & walking)
4. Eat healthy *example*(almonds, berries, wild salmon, vegetables)
5. Multivitam called Alive (which packed 26 fruits and vegetables)  & Biotin 7500 mcg
6. Moisture shampoo and conditioner and seal mositure on my precious ends
7. Deep conditioning for 30 minutes to 1 hr
8. No heat

I'm looking forward to this 6 months growth challenge. I will continue to post blogs and pictures on this journey. Wish Me Luck and if you're starting any challenge for yourself I want you to have self determination. Until  then ....thanks for taking the time out to read my blog.


Nette
aka: The Sweet Natural One

No comments:

Post a Comment